Thursday, March 17, 2011

You Know My Name


I hear sweet whispers in my ear
I know that it is you who is speaking
You speak so gentle, comb, and still
Anyone who hears will know your name
You are my refuge and my strength
I take hope in you 
I grip onto you when I feel myself pulling away
I do not mean to pull away but this world is full of so much filth
Why is that so appealing to us humans?
What truly do we get out of our sins?
They feel good in the moment but leave us empty
It leads us asking question and going back to more
I want to go back for more of you, Jesus
You should be my number one priority
But sometimes that is not case
Sometimes I rather perish then sin against you
My actions are not always healthy
My voice is not always used for good 
I pray that I will respect and honor you daily
I pray for my brothers and sisters
That they would come to the light and know your name
To know your name is to know my purpose
You pour into my life
You reign joy, peace, and refuge over me
I will stand firm 
Though I walk through these unfamiliar places I am not alone
I know that you are near
You hold me tight
You know my name
Bless your holy name upon my life
All who know you will take joy

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever listened to the song "You Know My Name" by Detour 180? I'd highly recommend it if you haven't! I really wanted it to be our graduation song, but it didn't go through. However, I still love the song today. Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete