Sunday, March 13, 2011
What Do You See?
When you look in the mirror what are you seeing? Most importantly what are you choosing to see? I was looking in the mirror the other day struggling to see the good; when all of the sudden I heard God say 'You can choose to see a broken girl or a restored girl. You have the option, but you are choosing to see the bad one', I hated to realize it in the moment but He was right. I have been choosing to see the girl I use to be when I look in mirror, when God has restored me. I think it so easy to get caught up in our past that in some ways it still controls us. It is good to remember where we've come from because it keeps us humble; it reminds us of what God can do.
I know that it is struggle to let go of the things that have caused you a great deal of pain, but if it is becoming something you can't let go of, I encourage you to seek the help you need. We cannot fight these battles on our own. All of us having growing and maturing to do - whether we own up to it or not.
So today as you start your day or end your day, look at things the positive way. See that there truly is a light that is coming. God will not give you more then you can bare. Hold tight and know He is God! I hope you are encouraged by Him as much as He encourages me! He is our strength.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment