Friday, March 11, 2011
No Longer Depending
Relationships can be a difficult thing and such an exciting thing. I have learned over the years what to do and not to do. All though I wish for every relationship to be perfect, it is impossible. We get hurt by the people we love the most. Why is that? I think we often get hurt by the people we confine in the most because we give pieces of our heart away. We are human. Lets face it, we all have hurt someone we know. It is just our nature. Therefore when we choose to put everything we have into one person we get let down and feel useless.
I have learned over the years to not put my dependency in people. Even though it seems to be the easiest thing to do. I have begun putting all my dependency into the Lord and I no longer feel let down. Granted there are times when I do but it isn't nearly as bad because I haven't depended on that person to meet my needs; make me happy. God is truly the only one who can complete us and make us satisfied. We were created to worship a God. That is why nothing else satisfies but Jesus. We are created for Him.
I encourage you to begin to put all that you have into Jesus and watch Him fill up your heart over time. You will be amazed with what it will and can do for you. You won't feel the need to find acceptance and love from others. People and things of this world only have the power over us that we give it. Break free and allow God to heal those broken areas. We all deserve to be loved but find the love that you truly desire. You will only find it from the Lord. No matter what you choose, God is here, and He loves you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment