Acts 20:35 -
'In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.' We are told continually in the bible to be servants of Christ and to help those in need. But what does that look like?
In my past I use to do a lot people watching, especially Christians. The church was so big on going to different states and sometimes countries to preach the word. I always thought that was wonderful but what about the hurting people right here, at there church? Yes, I was going to church and hearing the word but I was suffering, and I did not understand why people couldn't reach out to me. People were but it wasn't in the same sense.
I have been learning a lot about what serving means to do. It doesn't mean you are going to Africa but right next store to a neighbor, to a friend, to a family member, or to someone sitting on the street. I feel as if we strive to be missionaries all around the world but we fail to look around our home town. There are so many hurting people. I have made it my passion to serve the people in my life and the people I come into contact with. For me I feel as if I am to serve here, not anywhere else.
I'm not saying going to other countries is bad because we truly need that. I am saying that think of one person or two that need a healing hand of God in their life. Pray for them, minister to them, love on them, and offer all you have. I am learning to just serve the Lord and take chances.
Never in my life have I ever been this open about my faith or in God. I encourage you to embrace the love that you feel in your heart. Let it be the fire inside of you that fuels you to keep going on a daily basis. How can you serve on a daily basis?

No comments:
Post a Comment