Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rejoicing In Our Suffering



Lately my life has been consumed with suffering. It has caused me to become weary. Even though I am weary, I am able to stand firm on that Lord's foundation.
If we never went through trials, how would we ever grow close to the Lord?People who don't have a relationship with Christ strive to see if our faith is real, and sometimes that means being tested in every which way. Going through hard times proves if your faith is real or not.
Through this season is dry, I have learned that I cannot depend on the ways of this world to make me happy. I have experienced all the highs and rushes in my past and none satisfy like Jesus. But what does that mean to say that those things don't satisfy? It means that they do not last. They feel good in the moment but they fade away. What do you do when that moment is over? You crave and look for more.
Jesus doesn't say we are going to be happy and satisfied all the time. That is part of following Christ. It is one of the hardest things but one of the best things I could have ever done. He is all I have to cling to because people fail me and hurt me. When they hurt me, who do I run to? Do I run to food, self-harm, drugs, alcohol, sex? No, I run to my Heavenly Father who I call home. He calls all who are weary to come to him and they will find rest! He holds your purpose, your destiny.
We need to be rejoicing through the sufferings we face because through that will come a greater plan. Where you can stand up and give an amazing testimony how God can save a life. Don't sit in silence anymore. Pick up your Cross and follow the Lord into battle. He will forever satisfy your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment