Tuesday, March 8, 2011
You Are Beautiful
Society today is filled with lies and high expectations. Expectations a human can't obviously live up to. They set it up so we always have to have something new and something more. Nothing is never good enough. Nothing ever satisfies you because you are constantly looking for the world's approval. We will never be fully accepted in this world for how we are naturally created because it isn't perfect, but in reality no one is perfect. No one is set up to live to those expectations.
Look around and you will see so many women pulling themselves apart to look a certain way. We all strive to look like that model in the magazine, to be a size zero, have the job, the guy, and the life. This just creates us to only fall flat on our faces and become completely beaten down.
By seeking approval of others we only become disappointed. We look in the mirror and see no beauty because we are too busy comparing to what someone else has. This has been a huge struggle and a huge growing experience for myself. I struggle a lot of what people think of me, what I look like, and how much I weigh. I think as women living into today's society you will feel that. You feel the pressure to feel beautiful and to be that number on the scale, but in reality we are already created beautiful. We just haven't been able to see it, embrace it, or be thankful for it. I many times get too caught up in what I need to be then instead of who I am suppose to be.
God has created each one of us fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139). We are the apple to His eye. Nothing can change the way God views us and sees our beauty. I may not be a model and I may be considered 'ugly' to today's society but that doesn't mean I am ugly. Samuel in the bible struggled with his appearance. God said that man looks at the outward appearance but I looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7). God sees us for who we are; His beautiful creation.
So the next time you are looking in the mirror and cannot see your beauty for what it truly is, remember what God says. Go back to the bible, write it on your mirror, and speak life over you. The truth is you may never be a size zero or whatever size but you just have to learn to accept what God has given you. Learn to embrace who you are and what you look like. If that means having to tell yourself over and over on a daily basis you are beautiful, then do it! Remind yourself you are defined through God and nothing else. He calls you His beautiful child. Embrace your beauty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment